Saturday, July 21, 2012

Shelving Unit

Yesterday, hubs had a day off work so off to Ikea we went for some organization goodies and hallway lights. Today I put together the low-cost shelving unit for all those kitchen appliances that take up precious counter space.

It was pretty easy but I did a few extra things that I've mentioned below.




I cut four felt rounds in half to put on the bottom of each corner of the unit in order to protect the wood floors in the kitchen. They are self-adhesive and come in all sizes....I always keep them in the house.



Below is a closeup of the hubs' coffee/breakfast bar shelf.  I added the rail and basket to keep his K-cups, sweetener and mugs. Under the Weetabix is an old safety deposit box that I filled with other types of K-cups that I like (tea, hot chocolate, flavored coffee, etc.) He uses "special" bowls for his Weetabix and shredded wheat. The shapes allows the cereal to soak up the optimum amount of milk :)

5 comments:

  1. love the coffee bar! i am lusting after my own keurig, which i will purchase upon receiving an offer of full-time employment :) like the ikea shelves. i have four that are very similar, so it's good to know where i can find more. am enjoying your blog posts...keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I think I am going to add another rail running front to back on the right side so I can put more mugs up. Since I redid the kitchen we didn't really have any good place to put the Keurig so it ended up on a pantry shelf until it was needed on the weekends. I had always planned on a shelving unit; the coffee bar for hubs was a bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you spoil him!! It looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I kicked his laptop area out of the kitchen (and dining room). So he gets this instead (and he's found a little spot in his future man cave to set up).

      Delete
  4. Wow! This looks great! I am so impressed!

    ReplyDelete