Thursday, July 19, 2012

Floor Repair

This morning I was determined to finish the back hall floor repair. I needed to fill in some small and large places in the poplar floor before I could prime and paint it. "Paint!" I hear some of you gasp. We believe this part of the house was built in the 1920s and quite a bit of plumbing and HVAC updates have occurred since then that required cutting into the floor. The person(s) responsible for this was not always concerned with repairing them in the most aesthetically pleasing manner. Also, wood filler doesn't always take stain the way you want it to, so why put myself through all of that.

Before any filling could take place I had to replace and repair one of the repairs. I had a crash course in using a reciprocating saw (I think that is what it is called) and did this two days ago. Now I am just waiting for all of the filler to harden up so I can sand and prime. This will have to wait until Friday as hubs and I are going shopping tomorrow for lights, work clothes for me, and whatever else we may need.

Check back in a week for before and after pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment