Sunday, February 10, 2013

Raymond Loewy Industrial Design

Auctions season is upon us! During the winter holidays, there usually is not too much going on in the way of estate sales. There are some and there are other types of auctions, but they usually do not have too much "Amelie" types of goodies. Well, yesterday I went to a local sale and picked up a few items including some newer (late 20th century) Johnson Brothers ironstone dinnerware and something that Amelie normally would not like.....mid-century industrial designed dinnerware. I had the opportunity to purchase 53 pieces of never-used, Raymond Loewy designed, 1950s dinnerware! It is classic rhythm shaped with untouched platinum banding....I think it is beautiful. It would go well in today's dining room as well as a minimalist's. I love it and thought about keeping it for myself......but as a friend of mine always says, "You can't keep it all!" Sneak peak photos.....

No comments:

Post a Comment