Wednesday, September 19, 2012

New Corner China Cabinet

A couple of weeks ago, I went to a local auction and bought several pieces of furniture in addition to all of the little goodies I normally get. As many already know, I am a china hoarder. I needed another place to display it, and the dining room needed another taller piece to balance it all out (that's my story and I'm sticking to it). I do not know the age of the "new" piece, but I'm thinking 1930s (or 40s). I love it and my second fave set of china can now be on display for me to enjoy every day. I took pics of both cabinets along with some closeups of the two sets of china.

The first set of pics is of my 1940 china cabinet that was bought new by my step-grandparents when they were first married. (Papaw Deno is still kicking it and will be 95 this Christmas Eve eve.) The china is from New Wharf Pottery (Stoke-on-Trent, England), which was in business from 1878 - 1894. The set is anywhere from 118 - 134 years old. I think it is older, because the pattern is not named/numbered, and I cannot find a picture of it anywhere except for a plate in a different color (which did not help me at all).


 The only pic I found of this pattern was unofficially dubbed "Mallow." What a find!

Below is the new corner cabinet, and it now holds my Tressemanes & Vogt (Limoges, France). I do know the pattern number and exact date for this set (TRV321, 1907). I just love its class.




No comments:

Post a Comment